TO: Members of the Social Services Appropriations Subcommittee
FROM: Sen. Allen M. Christensen, Chair
Rep. Ronda Rudd Menlove, Chair
Rep. Daniel McCay, House Vice Chair
RE: COMMITTEE MEETING
DATE: Tuesday, February 19, 2013
TIME: 8:00 a.m.
PLACE: Room 30, House Building
1. 8:00 a.m. Call to Order/Approval of Minutes
2. 8:05 a.m. Public input on all topics on agenda except #6 – Must contact Debbie Benson before 3:00 p.m. Monday, February 18th at 801-538-1034 to be considered. Public input on item #6 will be taken at the subcommittee meeting on Thursday, February 21st.
3. 8:25 a.m. Optional Expansion for Medicaid – report by Health Department contractor
4. 8:55 a.m. Budget and Issue Briefs – presentation by staff:
a. DHS Aging and Adult Services FY 2014 Budget
b. Division of Aging and Adult Services – Performance Measures
5. 9:10 a.m. Aging Services Delivered by Counties
6. 9:15 a.m. Requests for Appropriation with Fiscal Impact
a. Your Community Connection Family Crisis Center
b. The Children’s Center
c. Alliance House
d. Health Emergency Assistance
e. HB 81, Cytomegalovirus Public Health Initiative
f. HB 118, Automatic External Defibrillator Account
7. 9:30 a.m. What is the Department of Technology Services doing to secure data and meet new threats to data security?
8. Chair Priority List
9. Items from the Next Meeting’s Agenda
10. 9:45 a.m. Other Business/Adjourn
Times listed above are approximate. Please 3-hole punch all handouts.
Visit http://www.le.utah.gov/lfa/reports/cobi2013/sctte_17.htm for background information on this subcommittee and the agencies and programs it oversees, including budget histories. For analysis of current budget requests and discussion of issues related to budgets covered by this subcommittee visit http://www.le.utah.gov/asp/lfa/lfareports.asp?com=APPSOC.