Federal Funds Commission
Wednesday, August 16, 2017 • 10:00 a.m. • Room 210 Senate Building
1. Committee Business
· Call to order
· Approval of the minutes of the May 18, 2017, meeting
2. Medicaid Waiver
The commission will discuss a federal block grant Medicaid program and submission of a state waiver from Medicaid requirements, with consideration given to how much money the state could save.
· Nathan Checketts, Deputy Director, Department of Health
3. Administrative Burden of Public Education Federal Grants
The commission will discuss the level of administrative burden placed on school districts that receive federal funds.
· Scott Jones, Deputy Superintendent of Operations, Utah State Board of Education
· Natalie Grange, Assistant Superintendent of Operations, Utah State Board of Education
4. NCSL Review of Federal Shutdown Risk
The commission will examine the talking points and presentations made at the recent National Conference of State Legislators summit in Boston that pertained to the risk and impact of a federal government shutdown.
· Rep. Ken Ivory
5. Other Items/Adjourn