To: Jim Dunnigan, Jacob Anderegg, Johnny Anderson, Jim Bird, Gage Froerer, Dana Layton, Jeremy Peterson, Marc Roberts, Jon Stanard, Brad Wilson, Francis Gibson, Lowry Snow, Richard Cunningham, Steve Eliason, Greg Hughes, Brad Last, David Lifferth, Daniel McCay, Jim Nielson, Val Peterson, Kraig Powell, Dean Sanpei, Keven John Stratton, Paul Ray, LaVar Christensen, Stewart Barlow, Brian Greene, mkennedy, Ronda Menlove, Edward Redd, Roger Barrus, Jerry Anderson, Kay Christofferson, Steve Handy, Michael Mckell, Curt Webb, John Westwood, Craig Hall, Eric Hutchings, Kay Mciff, Lee Perry, Curtis Oda, Richard Greenwood, Keith Grover, Don Ipson, John Knotwell, Earl Tanner, mnoel, Doug Sagers, Melvin Brown, Jack Draxler, Becky Edwards, Ken Ivory, John G. Mathis, Merrill Nelson, Ryan Wilcox, Brad Dee, Rebecca Lockhart, Dixon Pitcher, Jon Cox, Robert Spendlove,
Subject: NO on HB 96
Date: Fri Feb 07 05:05:28 MST 2014
Dear representatives,I DO NOT want my tax dollars going to HB 96!!! Please vote NO!!!
We have lots of questions about this bill:
- Do we REALLY think institutionalizing 3-4 year old babies is a good idea?
- When 3 and 4 year olds, who lack the maturity, mental capacity and attention spans to learn in institutional settings . . . when they learn best through the active involvement of play . . . how can we expect any real benefit?
- Isn't this just government funded daycare?
- Is this the best use of our education dollars?
- Why would we want to institute any program that rewards failure?
- Why are we trying yet another pre-school program when 'Head Start' has proved to be ineffective and a waste of money by every measure?
- How is this pre-school program any different than 'Head Start', and how will the results be measured?
- When countries such as Finland and Denmark lead the world in academic achievement without formally educating their children until age 8, why do we want to do the opposite with our tiny children?
- With anti-social behavior on the rise, why would we want to put our child at risk for Attachment Disorder by separating them from their parents at such a young age for hours of preschool?
To see our point dramatized, please watch this short video that was produced to address SB-42 (similar preschool legislation) called"Play, not Pre-K" and imagine YOUR child, or grandchild, or neice and nephew in the place of the darling little 3 year old . . .