Latest on I-15 project in Davis County
Fri Jun 13 14:28:33 MDT 2014
Upcoming Construction Activities
- June 12-23, night paving is scheduled to occur along the newly widened portion on the east side of I-15 between the southern project limits and 2600 South in Bountiful. This is a moving operation.
- Paving will continue on the east side of I-15 between 2600 South and 500 South through early July
- Paving is scheduled to shift to the west side and begin at I-215 moving north in early July.
- Construction to widen the roadway to the outside has begun near Pages Lane. Activities include clearing, excavating, hauling and placing new materials in preparation for paving during the day and at night.
- As early as June 20, noise wall removal is scheduled to begin near Parrish Lane. Walls will be replaced when roadway widening is complete in the area.
- The week of June 23, noise wall removal between Pages Lane and 400 North is scheduled to begin. Walls will be replaced when roadway widening is complete in the area.
- Pile driving is ongoing on 500 South during the day through approximatelyJune 21.
- Pedestrians are asked to follow the pedestrian detour routes for their safety.
- As early as June 23, pile driving is expected to begin on 1500 South.
- Expect intermittent, short-term (up to 10 minute) road closures and flagging to allow crane movements over the roadway. Please obey flagger instructions.
Area residents and businesses can expect intermittent lane shifts on 1500 South during daylight hours.
Pedestrians are asked to follow the pedestrian detour routes for their safety.
- The nights of June 28 & 29, 1500 South is scheduled to be closed to traffic while crews relocate the pile driving crane. Please use 2600 South or 500 South as an alternative east/west crossing.
Construction schedules and dates are subject to change
- Crews continue roadway widening activities in the shoulders between I-215 and Pages Lane during the day and at night on both sides of I-15. Area residents may experience an increase in light, noise, and vehicle activity associated with this work.
- Crews continue construction activities on 500 South near I-15 including soil stabilization efforts for the new bridge.
- Bridge work continues under 1500 South.
- Travel lanes are narrowed to 11'.
Time is flying by! Only 16 more months to go on this project!!!!! Here is the latest on the 1-15 project.
The I-15 South Davis Improvements project will:
- Add ExpressLanes in both directions from the north I-215 interchange to U.S. 89 in Farmington.
- Replace aging bridges at 2600 South, 1500 South, 500 South, and 400 North.
- Reconfigure the interchanges at 2600 South and 500 South in Bountiful to improve east/west mobility
- Improve active transportation with better pedestrian facilities at 500 South, 400 North and Parrish Lane.
Expect single and double lane restrictions on I-15 nightly as early as 7:00 pm and as late as 7:00 am. Actual lane closure times may vary within these hours based on real time traffic numbers.
Periodic rolling traffic slowdowns will also occur at night with the assistance of the Utah Highway Patrol. These slowdowns are conducted to complete construction activities and avoid full closures of the Interstate.
Travel lanes are reduced to 11' wide. Trucks carrying loads wider than 11' should contact the UDOT Motor Carrier Division, 801-965-4892.
I-15 construction is expected to complete in spring 2015 with interchange and bridge construction continuing through summer 2015.
Information about non-UDOT projects in the area is available at the end of this email. 500 South will be closed at the UPRR tracks May 18-23. See below for more info.
Plan Ahead To Reduce Delays And Impacts
I-15 will remain open without restrictions during peak hours. However, travel delays up to 30 minutes are expected during peak travel times. Use Legacy Parkway or Frontrunner to avoid delay. FrontRunner provides all-day service with 30-min. frequency during peak hours.
Stay alert and be prepared for reduced speeds in the project area for your safety and the safety of those working here. Please obey the posted speed and be aware for changing roadway conditions throughout the project area.
Other Projects in the Area
North Salt Lake 1100 North Reconstruction Project (Redwood Road - 110 East)
Construction has begun and will continue through Fall 2014. Expect lane restrictions and one-way flagging.
Operations/Public Information Officer
Department of Administrative Services