Subject: HB112 E-Cigs need to be regulated
Date: Thu Feb 20 23:43:58 MST 2014
Based on UDOH and CDC data:
1. Kids’s use of e-cigarettes in Utah has tripled from 2011 to 2013 (while rest of the country has only doubled)
2. Despite having no legal access to e-cigarettes, Utah youth are three times more likely to report current use than adults.
3. Nearly one-third of Utah youth who use e-cigarettes report that they never tried conventional cigarettes.
4. E-cigarettes are the preferred tobacco products for Utah kids. In some areas, as many as 20% of children use e-cigarettes regularly.
5. All the major cigarette companies are now in the e-cigarette business.
Our kids deserve to not be targeted by the tobacco industry with products that are designed to addict children.
Please help protect Utah kids by voting YES on HB-112 to require a retail license for e-cigarettes sales and product standards for these currently unregulated, addictive products.
Getting Cigarettes off out of mouths and off campus' is hard enough. Let's no start another war on another, just-as-addictive substance.