Although Utah's economy is currently growing well compared to most states, we know we face long-term challenges to create the well-educated workforce that will generate future prosperity. Aggressive goals have been adopted by elected officials and education leaders, including the goal of 66% of adults having a degree or certificate by 2020. How will Utah meet those goals?
Join us for our annual meeting luncheon as we discuss the role of higher education in Utah's economic future. We have selected expert presenters who are working every day to make these goals possible. Come hear their updates on Utah's progress and their ideas for change. We will provide ample opportunities for your questions and your input on this crucial issue.
- David L. Buhler, Commissioner of Higher Education
- Deneece Huftalin, Interim President, Salt Lake Community College
- Susan Madsen, Professor of Management, Utah Valley University, and Senior Advisor to the Utah Women in Education Initiative
- Melissa Miller-Kincart, Assistant Commissioner for Outreach and Access, Utah System of Higher Education
- David Feitz, Executive Director, Utah Higher Education Assistance Authority