Download Zipped Enrolled WP 9 SB0104.ZIP 4,214 Bytes
[Introduced][Status][Bill Documents][Fiscal Note][Bills Directory]
S.B. 104 Enrolled
This act modifies the Marriage and Family Therapist Licensing Act and the Judicial Code. This
act reduces the amount of clinical experience required to qualify as a marriage and family
therapist supervisor. This act adds professional counselors to the list of therapists who have
a limited duty to warn or take precautions to provide protection from violent behavior of a
This act affects sections of Utah Code Annotated 1953 as follows:
58-60-307, as enacted by Chapter 159, Laws of Utah 2000
78-14a-101, as last amended by Chapter 21, Laws of Utah 1999
Be it enacted by the Legislature of the state of Utah:
Section 1. Section 58-60-307 is amended to read:
58-60-307. Marriage and family therapist supervisors -- Qualifications.
(1) Each person acting as a marriage and family therapist supervisor shall:
(a) have at least [
the date of first licensure as a marriage and family therapist; and
(i) be approved as a supervisor by a national marriage and family therapist professional
(ii) meet the criteria established by rule.
(2) Persons who act as a supervisor without meeting the requirements of this section are subject
to discipline for unprofessional conduct.
Section 2. Section 78-14a-101 is amended to read:
As used in this chapter, "therapist" means:
(1) a psychiatrist licensed to practice medicine under Section 58-67-301 , Utah Medical Practice
Act or under Section 58-68-301 , Utah Osteopathic Medical Practice Act;
(2) a psychologist licensed to practice psychology under Section 58-61-301 ;
(3) a marriage and family therapist licensed to practice marriage and family therapy under Section
(4) a social worker licensed to practice social work under Section 58-60-204 ; [
(5) a psychiatric and mental health nurse specialist licensed to practice advanced psychiatric
nursing under Title 58, Chapter 31b[
(6) a professional counselor licensed to practice professional counseling under Title 58, Chapter
60, Part 4, Professional Counselor Licensing Act.
[Bill Documents][Bills Directory]