Business, Economic Development, and Labor Appropriations Subcommittee
The committee chairs have scheduled the following meeting:
DATE: Tuesday, September 19, 2017
TIME: 8:30 a.m.
PLACE: Room 25, House Building
Sen. Brian E. Shiozawa, Chair
Rep. R. Curt Webb, Chair
Rep. Scott D. Sandall, House Vice Chair
Please be aware that the public portions of this meeting will be broadcast live over the Internet. Also, be aware that an audio recording of the public portions of this meeting, along with any materials presented or distributed in the public portions of this meeting, will be posted on the Legislature’s website. Witnesses with questions or concerns should contact staff.
1. 8:30 to 8:35 Call to Order and Adopt Minutes
2. 8:35 to 9:35 GOED Contracts and Grants Deep Dive
· Overview of GOED Budget
· Proposed Efficiencies
· GOED Grants and Pass-through Processes
· Tourism Marketing Performance Fund Co-op Program and Processes
3. 9:35 to 10:30 GOED Contracts and Pass through Reports:
Manufacturing Extension Partnership
Utah Sports Commission
Kearns Accomplishment Pageant
Utah Council for Citizen Diplomacy
World Trade Center Utah
Small Business Development Centers
Logistics Specialties, Inc.
Business Resource Centers
Questions to be answered:
· What is the organization’s total budget?
· What portion are the State funds as a percent of total entity budget?
· How are the state funds used?
· How does the pass-through or contract entity measure success as an organization?
4. 10:30 to 11:00 USTAR – Medical Marijuana Study