Fiscal Note - State of Utah - 2013 General Session

HB0049S01 - Voted and Board Levy Programs Amendments

State Government (UCA 36-12-13(2)(b)):
Enactment of this bill increases spending on the Voted & Board Leeway programs in the year following a year where nonlapsing balances were carried forward. The amount of increased spending for FY 2014 and FY 2015 is estimated to be at least $8,500,000.

State Budget Detail TableFY 2013FY 2014FY 2015
Nonlapsing Funds$0$8,500,000$8,500,000
   Total Expenditure$0$8,500,000$8,500,000
Net Impact, All Funds (Rev.-Exp.)$0($8,500,000)($8,500,000)
   Net Impact, General/Education Funds (Rev.-Exp.)$0$0$0

Local Governments (UCA 36-12-13(2)(c)):
Enactment of this bill increases Voted & Board Leeway funding allocated to school districts by at least $8,500,000 in FY 2014 and FY 2015. Of the increase in state funding, 64% would go to the top four receiving districts, with the remaining 37 other school districts either receiving no funding increase or some portion of the remaining 36%.

Direct Expenditures by Utah Residents and Businesses (UCA 36-12-13(2)(d)):
Enactment of this bill likely will not result in direct, measurable expenditures by Utah residents or businesses.

Performance Note Required? (Joint Rule 4-2-404): No

3/4/2013, 2:51:09 PM, Lead Analyst: Young, T./Attny: AOSOffice of the Legislative Fiscal Analyst