Fiscal Note - State of Utah - 2013 General Session

HB0165 - Background Checks for Child Care Workers

State Government (UCA 36-12-13(2)(b)):
Enacting this bill generates dedicated credits from background checks for the Department of Public Safety of $4,100 annually beginning in FY 2014. The Department retains 55% of the fee for FTEs to check its records for criminal history and the other 45% is given to the Federal Bureau of Investigation for their background check.

State Budget Detail TableFY 2013FY 2014FY 2015
Dedicated Credits$0$4,100$4,100
   Total Revenue$0$4,100$4,100
Dedicated Credits$0$4,100$4,100
   Total Expenditure$0$4,100$4,100
Net Impact, All Funds (Rev.-Exp.)$0$0$0
   Net Impact, General/Education Funds (Rev.-Exp.)$0$0$0

Local Governments (UCA 36-12-13(2)(c)):
Some local governments who operate child care businesses may need to pay or have some of their employees pay $36.50 per qualifying employee for a fingerprint-based background check.

Direct Expenditures by Utah Residents and Businesses (UCA 36-12-13(2)(d)):
Some child care businesses or employees will need to pay $36.50 per qualifying employee for a fingerprint-based background check for a total of up to $4,100 annually beginning in FY 2014. This bill affects 112 employees annually.

Performance Note Required? (Joint Rule 4-2-404): No

3/8/2013, 4:27:34 PM, Lead Analyst: Frandsen, R./Attny: RFOffice of the Legislative Fiscal Analyst