To: CAPITOL HILL,
Subject: Capitol Hill Complex Updates
Date: Tue Jun 10 17:10:49 MDT 2014
Several things the CPB staff would like to share with you on a beautiful Tuesday…
1. Underground East Parking Entrance/Exit Structure Work: DFCM shares with us that this week the project has moved from research and planning to actual project fix and repair. CDC Restoration & Construction is beginning work removing loose concrete to expose the post tension steel cables to determine how many will need to be repaired. Also they are working in and around the planters and rubber membrane of the concrete slab to examine water infiltration and to prepare a course of corrective action. This initial process should take the better part of this week to complete. We are still on schedule for the project to be completed by the July timeframe.
2. Utah State Capitol Tile Update:
In an effort to inform employees on Capitol Hill regarding the Tile Replacement Project, the following website has been created to keep you up to date on the ongoings of construction.
If you would like to follow the progress, please feel free to use your ID and password to access the employee web site.
The maps found on this website will be updated every Friday by 5:00pm.
The CPB's Project Manager for this project is McKay Hussey. If you have any questions or concerns, please contact McKay at 801-538-3074 or email@example.com.
This weeks update as follows: T
he contractor is reporting that the first tile area has finished completely and we can expect two more to finish within the next two weeks.
The hallway just south of Committee Room 445 will finish The 9th of June, and a portion of the south hallway on the 3rd floor will finish the 19th of June.
Maps will be updated every Friday by 5:00 p.m.
3. Interim Parking: Please be aware next Tuesday, June 17, 2014 and Wednesday, June 18, 2014, the Capitol Hill Complex will be in Legislative Parking Mode for Interim Session Meetings. Interim parking includes all of the reserved Plaza underground parking and A Lot designated spots.
4. G Lot Kiosk Parking Arm: UHP has asked that we share with the Capitol Hill Employees that in the future, it is the UHP's intention to use the parking arms operationally for the west kiosk. At this point, the west exit arm will be in operation on weekend evenings from 6:00PM – 6:00 AM.
5. Food Services: The Capitol Preservation Board has engaged in a RFP to select a food service provider for the Capitol Hill Complex. The selection committees intention is to be completed with the RFP process by June 20th and be able to announce the selection at this time. As we work on the food services operation, we will keep you informed about this important program for the Hill.
Please let me or any of the CPB staff know how we can help serve your needs as a Capitol Hill employee!
Allyson W. Gamble
Executive Director, Capitol Preservation Board
350 North State Street
120 State Capitol
Salt Lake City, Utah 84114