To: Scott Jenkins,
Subject: Citizen Initiatives Article V analysis - Con Con's not allowed
Date: Thu Jun 12 13:23:18 MDT 2014
|ARTICLE V MAKES NO ALLOWANCE FOR A CON CON (2ND CONSTITUTIONAL CONVENTION). WITH THE BI-PARTISAN "COUNTERMAND AMENDMENT" WE CAN RESTORE OUR CONSTITUTIONAL REPUBLIC PEACEFULLY.
CITIZEN INITIATIVES, by Charles Kacprowicz June 11, 2014
Under Article V there is no allowance for a Constitutional Convention. It authorizes State Legislatures to propose Amendments ONLY at an "Amendment Convention". The false claim that a Constitutional Convention could result at an Article V Amendment Convention has paralyzed legislators for 30+ years. It is a flawed understanding of our Constitutional history and why State Legislatures required of their delegates (Founders) at the Constitutional Convention to include Article V.
Nation/State sovereignty was the most critical issue throughout the entire Convention and Article V was the Founders way to protect that sovereignty with three restrictions:
1. future Legislatures will be limited to proposing Amendments for the purpose of addressing egregious wrongs suffered by the people that the Federal government refuses to remedy. Under Article V the Legislatures will not be authorized to usurp the supremacy of the Constitution;
2. Amendments would not require a unanimous vote for ratification as required under the Articles of Confederation. Instead only three quarters of State Legislatures will be needed to ratify an Amendment; and
3. the new Constitution WILL be perpetual.
If the Legislatures today wanted to create a new Constitution they would have to secede from the Union, call a new Convention (independent of Article V) and form a new government. Article V does not give the Legislatures authority to create a new Constitution.
The "Countermand Amendment" will preserve State Legislature sovereignty while allowing the States to Countermand any law or ruling that is burdensome to them, their citizens or Industries without the consent of Congress, the Courts, Executive Branch or delegates sent to a Convention. When the threshold of 30 Countermands is reached, the law or ruling is rescinded.
The Single Issue Countermand Amendment Convention will be safe, quick (maybe only 7 days) and successful. Only two documents are needed:
1. the "Application" directing Congress to convene the Convention; and
2. the "Delegate Resolution" which binds delegates who are sent to the Convention to their Legislatures and includes the pre-approved text of the Countermand Amendment.
WATCH THIS SHORT VIDEO AND LEARN HOW AMERICANS LIKE YOU ARE AFFIRMING AND SECURING THEIR STATES RIGHTS WITH THE COUNTERMAND AMENDMENT.
COUNTERMAND AMENDMENT VIDEO: http://youtu.be/4IqtADyUs14