To: David Lifferth,
Subject: Oppose HB 96
Date: Thu Feb 06 17:19:58 MST 2014
A bill is coming up by Rep. Greg Hughes HB 96. I ask you as our representative to oppose this bill. Reasons to Oppose include:
1) The bill calls for schools to collect longitudinal data on children which fits perfectly into the Common Core P20W database Utah has created. (P20W is preschool through grade 20 and into the workforce for tracking everyone)
84 (4) "Eligible LEA" means an LEA that has a data system capacity to collect
85 longitudinal academic outcome data, including special education use by student, by identifying
86 each student with a statewide unique student identifier.
2) I totally oppose all preschool bills on a matter of principle since we operate under a compulsory education system. Establishing a preschool program for one class (disadvantaged children) will inevitably lead to mandates for other children and additional funding needs.
3) Head Start, the comprehensive preschool program started in 1965, went 45 years and spent $166 billion and was proven a complete failure. Let’s not repeat history.
4) The Obama administration plan is to start educating children at birth. This is the first step on that path.
“The Obama administration has proposed new investments that will establish a continuum of high-quality early learning for children beginning at birth and continuing to age five.”
5) The feds are incentivizing data collection and testing for small children and invasive home visits.
6) The Institute of Marriage and Family has shown that early education does NOT benefit children and they should actually begin school later rather than earlier.
Please keep our children safe out of the government hands and back into the parents, keeping our freedoms and constitution safe for Utah.
I would appreciate a reply to your support, or non-support (vote for or against the bill).
Dream Force LLC
Dream Force produces training videos on Microsoft Office 2013 and Windows 7 software.
Available at www.videotrainingpro.com
This email is intended only for the designated recipient(s). It may contain confidential information protected by local, state, or federal regulations, including HIPAA. If you are not a designated recipient, you may not review, copy, distribute or disclose this message or any attachments. If you receive this in error, please notify the sender by reply e-mail and delete this message and any attachments. Thank you.