To: LH MEMBERS,
Subject: Policy Summit on Dec. 17
Date: Sat Dec 07 16:11:11 MST 2013
You are all invited to a Legislative Policy Summit on Tuesday, Dec. 17th from 8:30 a.m. to 3:00 p.m. at the University of Utah. The David Eccles School of Business, in partnership with our legislative staff, will host the event. This will be considered a paid legislative day for the House of Representatives and will be publicly noticed.
We have partnered with the David Eccles School of Business for this even. The hope is that it will provide timely and relevant training on strategic thinking, economic and demographic trends impacting Utah. Analysts from the business school will share information about Utah on the following topics:
• Population growth and the components of change (births, deaths and migration)
• Fastest growing counties and cities
• Age structure, including school age population and senior population
• Racial and ethnic composition
• Industrial structure and Utah’s fastest growing industries
• International trade trends
• Income characteristics
By the end of the day, each of us will hopefully be better prepared for the 2014 General Legislative Session and keenly aware of how our choices impact future generations.
Attached are the logistics and map for the summit.
Logistics and map.pdf