To: Dean Sanpei, Ken Ivory, Eric Hutchings, Brian King, John G. Mathis, Curtis Oda, Lee Perry, Val Peterson, Paul Ray, Larry Wiley,
Subject: 2SB109-Radon is a dangerous carcinogen that causes lung cancer in humans. Most Utahns are not aware of radon or how to test for or remediate radon. As a result, most have not tested and are subject to exposure to high levels of radon gas. 2SB109 - Rado...
Date: Fri Mar 07 20:15:32 MST 2014
· 1/3 of houses in Utah have a radon problem based up on 30,000 radon tests over past 15 years.
· Radon gas is a Class-A carcinogen.
· Annually, more than 22,000 Americans die of radon-induced lung cancer.
· There is a high and increasing rate of radon-induced lung cancer in Utah.
· Surveys indicate that fewer than 20% of Utahns are aware of radon or that radon can be tested for and remediated.
Your support of 2SB109 will allow for the development and launch of a radon education and awareness campaign targeting all Utahns that will inform them about radon and ultimately protect them from exposure to radon gas.