Annual Governor's Economic Summit
Dear Business Leader,
On behalf of the Governor’s Office of Economic Development, it is my pleasure to bring to your attention the 8th Annual Governor’s Economic Summit, which will be held in the Grand America Hotel on Thursday, April 3, 2014. The theme of this year’s Summit isExecuting the Fundamentals for a Better Bottom Line.
Our keynote will be from Clayton Christensen, the renowned Harvard Business School professor and author. His book,The Innovator's Dilemma, articulated his theory of disruptive innovation. Mr. Christensen has been recognized as the #1 business management thinker in the world. You will also hear from world class company leaders such as Richard Marriott, Chairman of Marriott/Host, and experts from Northrop Grumman, Boeing, Goldman Sachs, EMC and many others.
The topics covered will range from:
· Recruiting a Qualified Workforce
· Security, Big Data and Virtualization
· Employing Individuals with Disabilities
· Marketing with Social Media
· Air Quality
· Monetizing Science, Technology, Engineering and Math (STEM)
· Registration is from 7 to 8 a.m.
· Clayton Christensen’s keynote will be at 8:30 a.m.
· The Governor will speak at 12:30 p.m.
· There will be 12 breakout sessions offered from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. and will conclude with a networking reception from 3 to 4 p.m. hosted once again by the ever popular "Utah's Own" food product companies.
The Economic Summit will provide valuable insights into best practices and relevant topics to business today. As a prominent business leader, the networking opportunities will allow you to meet with other influential people in the state. We encourage you to sign up before March 24 to take advantage of the early bird discount. Early registration will take the regular price of $200 down to $150. This includes breakfast, lunch and materials.
To attend, please go to http://www.utahsummit.com to register using any major credit card. We would be honored to have you join us for the Economic Summit on April 3, 2014.
Spencer P. Eccles