Dear State Legislator:
The anti-gun organization Mayors Against Illegal Guns (MAIG), founded and funded by New York City Mayor Michael Bloomberg, is once again in the limelight but not in the way they would hope.
As reported in the November 29 New York Post editorialIllegal Mayors against guns:
- Mayor Noramie Jasmin of Spring Valley, NY – She was arrested for accepting bribes from an FBI informant.
- Mayor Gordon Jenkins of Monticello, NY – He was arrested for driving under the influence and for punching a police department clock, which forced cops to handcuff him to a chair.
- Mayor James Schiliro of Marcus Hook, PA– He was arrested for reckless endangerment after firing a handgun inside his home during a drunken argument.
- Mayor Craig Lowe of Gainesville, FL – He was charged with a DUI after being found asleep at the scene of a car accident.
- Other MAIG members from Hartford to Detroit have found themselves facing prosecutors over charges that include felony corruption, assault and attempted sex crimes with a child.
The political agenda of this national anti-gun organization is not about keeping illegal firearms out of dangerous hands, it is about banning all firearms from law-abiding citizens. MAIG is pressuring federal and state lawmakers to support legislation that would require the registration of all firearms in America. They also support legislation that would ban commonly owned semi-automatic firearms, including the most popular firearms in America. In addition, MAIG:
If you have any questions regarding MAIG or any firearm or hunting-related issues, please contact your NRA State Liaison atState&Local@nrahq.org or call 703-267-1240.
Charles H. Cunningham
Director of State and Local Affairs
National Rifle Association