To: Dean Sanpei, livory, Eric Hutchings, Brian King, John G. Mathis, leeprrry, Curtis Oda, Val Peterson, Paul Ray, leiley,
Subject: RADON 84047
Date: Fri Mar 07 20:50:52 MST 2014
From my Android phone on T-Mobile. The first nationwide 4G network.
-------- Original message --------
Subject: URGENT REQUEST!
From: Michael Siler <MSiler@utahradonpolicycoalition.org>
To: Michael Siler <MSiler@utahradonpolicycoalition.org>
CC: "Senator Aaron Osmond (email@example.com)" <firstname.lastname@example.org>,Susan Sharry <Susan.Sharry@hci.utah.edu>
Radon is a dangerous carcinogen that causes lung cancer in humans. Most Utahns are not aware of radon or how to test for or remediate radon. As a result, most have not tested and are subject to exposure to high levels of radon gas. 2SB109 – Radon Awareness Campaign will fund an awareness campaign targeting all Utahns. Please prioritize 2SB109 such that it will be placed on the house 3rd reading calendar Today.
* Annually, more than 22,000 Americans die of radon-induced lung cancer.
* More than 30,000 radon tests conducted during the past 15 years indicate that at least 1 in 3 homes in Utah have high levels of radon.
* There is a high and increasing rate of radon-induced lung cancer in Utah.
* Surveys indicate that fewer than 20% of Utahns are aware of radon or that radon can be tested for and remediated.
* Your support of 2SB109 will allow for the development and launch of a radon education and awareness campaign targeting all Utahns that will inform them about radon and ultimately protect them from exposure to radon