Subject: We urge you--please NOT pass HB 131 out of committee.
Date: Fri Feb 21 03:53:30 MST 2014
1. requires by law specific data the SLDS will store (148-165)
2. requires that one-to-one mobile devices be used in the classroom (twice)
3. Legally reinforces Utah's core curriculum use (89)
4. Reinforces CAT testing laws (90-91)
5. Expands the "statewide network" (SLDS) (125)
6. Gives 3rd party contractor access to data including: discipline incidents,parental involvement, community involvement, etc... (148-164)
7. Forces the board to choose a technology provider to provide(183)
- Utah Core aligned digital instructional materials (193)
- digital devices (197)
- Digital content
- support service
- Technical support
8.. $200,000,000--this is a LOT of money for things that we don't need to implement (304).
Thank you for all you do.