PHARMACY DISTRIBUTION AMENDMENTS
House Floor Amendments
Amendment 3 March 6, 2012 5:57 PM
Representative Evan J. Vickers proposes the following amendments:
1. Page 2, Lines 28 through 29 :
29 58-17b-309, as last amended by Laws of Utah 2011, Chapter 76
58-83-502, as enacted by Laws of Utah 2010, Chapter 180
2. Page 5, Lines 124 through 125 :
124 scope of practice of an optometrist or optometric physician licensed under Chapter 16a, Utah
125 Optometry Practice Act.
Section 2. Section 58-83-502 is amended to read:
58-83-502 . Unprofessional conduct.
"Unprofessional conduct" includes, in addition to the definition in Section 58-1-501 and as may be further defined by administrative rule:
(1) online prescribing, dispensing, or facilitation with respect to a person under the age of 18 years;
(2) using the name or official seal of the state, the Utah Department of Commerce, or the Utah Division of Occupational and Professional Licensing, or their boards, in an unauthorized manner;
(3) failing to respond promptly to a request by the division for information including:
(a) an audit of the website; or
(b) records of the online prescriber, the Internet facilitator, or the online contract pharmacy;
(4) using an online prescriber, online contract pharmacy, or Internet facilitator without approval of the division;
(5) failing to inform a patient of the patient's freedom of choice in selecting who will dispense a prescription in accordance with Subsection 58-83-305 (1)(n);
(6) failing to keep the division informed of the name and contact information of the Internet facilitator or online contract pharmacy
(7) violating the dispensing and labeling requirements of Section 58-17b-309.
Page 1 of 1
LRGC cdupont rfrost