Download Zipped Enrolled WP 6.1 SB0008.ZIP 6,255 Bytes
[Introduced][Amended][Status][Bill Documents][Fiscal Note][Bills Directory]
S.B. 8 Enrolled
AN ACT RELATING TO MOTOR VEHICLES; CLARIFYING CERTAIN DEFINITIONS;
AND EXTENDING THE SUNSET DATES OF THE PROGRAM.
This act affects sections of Utah Code Annotated 1953 as follows:
41-12a-802, as enacted by Chapter 59, Laws of Utah 1994
63-55-231, as last amended by Chapters 15 and 134, Laws of Utah 1997
63-55-241, as last amended by Chapters 15 and 134, Laws of Utah 1997
Be it enacted by the Legislature of the state of Utah:
Section 1. Section 41-12a-802 is amended to read:
As used in this part:
(1) "Account" means the Uninsured Motorist Identification Restricted Account created in
(2) "Database" means the Uninsured Motorist Identification Database created in Section
(3) "Designated agent" means the third party the department contracts with under Section
(4) "Division" means the Driver License Division created in Section 53-3-103.
(5) "Motor vehicle" has the same meaning as set forth in Section 41-1a-102.
Commission created in Section 41-1a-106.
in Section 41-12a-803.
Section 2. Section 63-55-231 is amended to read:
63-55-231. Repeal dates, Title 31A.
(1) Section 31A-2-208.5, Comparison tables, is repealed July 1, 2005.
(2) Section 31A-22-315, Motor Vehicle Insurance Reporting, is repealed July 1, [
(3) Title 31A, Chapter 31, Insurance Fraud Act, is repealed July 1, 2007.
(4) Title 31A, Chapter 32, Medical Care Savings Account Act, is repealed beginning with
the 1999 taxable year and shall be reviewed by July 1, 1998.
(5) Title 31A, Chapter 34, Voluntary Health Insurance Purchasing Alliance Act, is repealed
July 1, 1999.
Section 3. Section 63-55-241 is amended to read:
63-55-241. Repeal dates, Title 41.
The following provisions of Title 41 are repealed on the following dates:
(1) Title 41, Chapter 12a, Part VIII, Uninsured Motorist Identification Database Program,
is repealed July 1, [
(2) The Multistate Highway Transportation Cooperating Committee, created in Article IV
of Section 41-23-2, is repealed July 1, 2002.
[Bill Documents][Bills Directory]