JOINT RULES AMENDMENTS RESOLUTION
Senate Floor Amendments
Amendment 3 January 27, 1999 9:15 AM
Senator xxxx proposes the following amendments:
1. Page 1, Line 6: After "REQUIREMENTS;" insert "CONDITIONALLY LIMITING ACTION ON BILLS ADDRESSING CAMPAIGN FINANCE AND ETHICS;"
2. Page 1, Line 13: After line 13 insert:
3. Page 4, Line 94: After line 94 insert:
"Section 4. JR-4.31 is amended to read:
JR-4.31. Reference to Standing or Interim Committee.
(1) During an annual general or special session, bills shall be assigned to standing or interim committees as provided in Senate or House Rules.
(2) (a) As used in this rule, "campaign finance or ethics bill" means a bill whose main subject is campaign finance, lobbyist regulation, disclosure, or ethics, or legislator disclosure or ethics.
(b) The Senate rules committee may not send a House campaign finance or ethics bill to a standing committee or to the Senate second or third reading calendar unless the House has adopted a House rule governing the same or a parallel subject.
(c) The House rules committee may not send a Senate campaign finance or ethics bill to a standing committee or to the House third reading calendar unless the Senate has adopted a Senate rule governing the same or a parallel subject. "
Renumber remaining sections accordingly.