Download Zipped Enrolled WP 9 SB0217.ZIP 4,465 Bytes
[Introduced][Status][Bill Documents][Fiscal Note][Bills Directory]
S.B. 217 Enrolled
This act modifies the Domestic Violence Shelters Act. The act provides that the Division of
Community Development coordinate with the Division of Child and Family Services to
provide for the construction of domestic violence services. The act appropriates $100,000
for fiscal year 2001-02 only, to the Division of Community Development for construction of
a battered women's shelter in San Juan County.
This act affects sections of Utah Code Annotated 1953 as follows:
9-4-1301, as enacted by Chapter 145, Laws of Utah 1999
Be it enacted by the Legislature of the state of Utah:
Section 1. Section 9-4-1301 is amended to read:
9-4-1301. Assistance to domestic violence shelters -- Rulemaking authority.
(1) The Division of Child and Family Services within the Department of Human Services
has statutory responsibility to provide violence services, including temporary shelter, to victims
of domestic violence pursuant to the provisions of Sections 62A-4a-101 and 62A-4a-105 . The
division may assist [
development, construction, and improvement of shelters for victims of domestic violence, as
described in Section 77-36-1 , through loans and grants to nonprofit and governmental entities.
46a, Utah Administrative Rulemaking Act, [
(a) procedures for applying for loans and grants;
(b) criteria for awarding loans and grants; and
(c) requirements for the repayment of loans.
(3) The division may appoint an advisory panel to:
(a) assist the division in developing rules under Subsection (2); and
(b) recommend how available funds should be disbursed.
(4) The division shall make loans and grants with monies specifically appropriated for that
(5) The division shall coordinate with the Division of Child and Family Services in
complying with the provisions of this section.
Section 2. Appropriation.
(1) For fiscal year 2001-02 only, there is appropriated from the General Fund to the Division
of Community Development within the Department of Community and Economic Development
$100,000 for the construction of a battered women's shelter in San Juan County.
(2) The appropriation under Subsection (1) is nonlapsing.
[Bill Documents][Bills Directory]