Download Zipped Enrolled WP 9 HB0342.ZIP 4,463 Bytes
[Introduced][Status][Bill Documents][Fiscal Note] [Bills Directory]
H.B. 342 Enrolled
This act modifies the Insurance Code to authorize an administrative fee for damage
sustained to a rental vehicle.
This act affects sections of Utah Code Annotated 1953 as follows:
31A-22-311, as last amended by Chapter 316, Laws of Utah 1994
31A-22-312.5, Utah Code Annotated 1953
Be it enacted by the Legislature of the state of Utah:
Section 1. Section 31A-22-311 is amended to read:
As used in Sections 31A-22-312 , 31A-22-312.5 , and 31A-22-314 :
(1) "Administrative fee" means a fee collected under Section 31A-22-312.5 to offset
expenses incurred in administrating the collection and resolution of a claim.
(a) his spouse if a licensed driver satisfying the rental company's minimum age
(b) his employer or coworker if engaged in business activity with the renter and if they are
licensed drivers satisfying the rental company's minimum age requirement;
(c) any person who operates the vehicle during an emergency situation;
(d) any person who operates the vehicle while parking the vehicle at a commercial
(e) any person expressly listed by the rental company on the rental agreement as an
(a) loss of use [
(b) any costs and expenses incident to the damage or loss[
(c) an administrative fee associated with the loss, as calculated under Section 31A-22-312.5 ;
(d) any diminution of value of the rental vehicle as a result of the damage or loss.
governing the use of a private passenger motor vehicle provided by a rental company.
private passenger motor vehicles to the public.
motor vehicle from a rental company under the terms of a rental agreement.
Section 2. Section 31A-22-312.5 is enacted to read:
31A-22-312.5. Limitation of administrative fee.
An administrative fee may not exceed:
(1) $50 when the estimated damage to the rental vehicle is $250 or less;
(2) $75 when the estimated damage to the rental vehicle is between $251 and $500;
(3) $100 when the estimated damage to the rental vehicle is between $501 and $750;
(4) $150 when the estimated damage to the rental vehicle is between $751 and $1,500;
(5) $200 when the estimated damage to the rental vehicle is between $1,501 and $2,500; and
(6) $250 when the estimated damage to the rental vehicle exceeds $2,501.
[Bill Documents][Bills Directory]