TO: Members of the Joint Executive Appropriations Committee
FROM: John E. Massey, Legislative Fiscal Analyst
RE: Committee Meeting
DATE: Tuesday, August 20, 2002
TIME: 1:00 PM
PLACE: Room 303, State Capitol
1. Call to Order
2. Approval of Minutes
3. Higher Education - Follow-up from 6/18/02 EAC meeting
Report on ratio of resident vs. non-resident in graduate programs
Report on non-resident graduates with tuition waivers and how many stay in Utah. What is the amount of each of the waivers?
How many states allow 100% Retainage of Reimbursed Overhead?
4. Report from Legislative Auditor General on COLA Funds to local providers as requested by EAC on July 17, 2001
5. Internal Service Funds - Cost structure and budget impacts
6. Drivers Education - Funding and Structure Options
7. Parks & Recreation - Property transfer
8. Other Business
Committee Members: Senators Leonard Blackham, Co-chair; Bill Hickman, Vice Co-chair; President Al Mansell, Steve Poulton, John Valentine, Peter Knudson, Mike Dmitrich, Ron Allen, Karen Hale, Gene Davis, Representatives Jeff Alexander, Co-chair; Ron Bigelow, Vice Co-chair; Speaker Martin R. Stephens, Kevin Garn, David Ure, Greg J. Curtis, Ralph Becker, Patrice Arent, Brad King, Jackie Biskupski
In compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act, persons needing auxiliary communicative aids and services for these meetings should call Linda Johnson at 538-1285 giving her at least three working days notice.