JOINT RULES AMENDMENTS RESOLUTION
House Floor Amendments
Representative Frandsen proposes the following amendments:
1. Page 1, Line 1: After "JOINT" insert "AND INTERIM"
2. Page 1, Line 5: After "REVISING JOINT" insert "AND INTERIM"
3. Page 1, Line 9: After "ACTS;" insert "MODIFYING INTERIM COMMITTEE RESPONSIBILITIES;"
4. Page 1, Line 11: After line 11 insert:
5. Page 1, Line 20: After line 20 insert:
"Section 1. IR-3.01 is amended to read:
IR-3.01 . Committee Responsibilities.
(1) The interim committees, meeting jointly, shall:
(h) fulfill their constitutional and statutory responsibilities by exercising their oversight of the executive and judicial branches
and make recommendations for legislative action with respect to
(2) (a) Except as provided in Subsection (2)(b), in at least two scheduled interim committee meetings, the committee chairs of each interim committee shall give priority to the oversight responsibilities of the committee as provided in Subsection (1)(h).
(b) The chairs may, if the interim committee does not have significant oversight responsibilities in any given year, choose not to hold those committee meetings. "
Renumber remaining sections accordingly.