Download Zipped Enrolled WP 8.0 SB0089.ZIP 6,528 Bytes
[Introduced][Status][Bill Documents][Fiscal Note][Bills Directory]
S.B. 89 Enrolled
AN ACT RELATING TO COMMUNITY AND ECONOMIC DEVELOPMENT; EXPANDING
THE MEMBERSHIP OF THE STATE NATIVE AMERICAN COORDINATING BOARD;
MODIFYING QUORUM REQUIREMENTS; AND MAKING TECHNICAL CHANGES.
This act affects sections of Utah Code Annotated 1953 as follows:
9-9-111, as last amended by Chapter 272, Laws of Utah 1998
Be it enacted by the Legislature of the state of Utah:
Section 1. Section 9-9-111 is amended to read:
9-9-111. State coordinating board -- Chair -- Quorum -- Creation -- Power -- Duties.
(1) There is created an advisory board to be called the "State Native American
Coordinating Board" consisting of the following members:
(a) the director of the division;
(b) a representative from the following:
Department of Agriculture and Food; [
executive director of the Department of Community and Economic Development;
Department of Corrections;
the Department of Environmental Quality;
Department of Human Services;
Department of Natural Resources;
(viii) the Department of Public Safety appointed by the Commissioner of Public Safety;
Department of Transportation;
Department of Workforce Services;
(2) (a) The director of the division shall be the chair of the board and shall be responsible for
calling meetings of the board.
(b) The chair shall coordinate the activities of the board required by this section.
transaction of business.
(4) The board shall meet at least quarterly.
(5) Board members may not receive any compensation for their service on the board other
than what they receive as state officers and employees.
(6) The board shall advise the division and the chief administrative officer of other state
agencies regarding how the state may develop a consistent, integrated, and coordinated approach to
implementing laws, services, functions, and governmental programs that serve Indian citizens of the
(7) The board shall report annually to the Native American Legislative Liaison Committee
of the Legislature.
[Bill Documents][Bills Directory]