Senate Floor Amendments
Amendment 1 February 28, 2000 9:32 AM
Senator Steele proposes the following amendments:
1. Page 25, Line 756: After line 756 insert:
"It is the intent of the Legislature that the Quality Growth Commission shall hold in special reserve two-thirds of the monies in the LeRay McAllister Critical Land Conservation Fund, as of July 1, 2000, to be appropriated by the 2001 Legislature."
2. Page 126, Line 3913: After line 3913 insert:
"It is the intent of the Legislature that the Utah Transit Authority shall:
(1) continue to develop a regional commuter rail project proposal, including capital and operating cost estimates and a plan of finance;
(2) coordinate the project with the Utah Department of Transportation, local governments, and interested citizens;
(3) pursue all federal funding available for the regional commuter rail project;
(4) begin preliminary negotiations for right-of-way acquisition or the purchase of options for future right-of-way acquisition, but may not complete an acquisition or purchase until it has been included in a report described under Subsection (5) and, if requested, has received the approval described under Subsection (6);
(5) report any significant progress on the regional commuter rail project to the members of the Legislative Management Committee and the governor;
(6) obtain approval of the Legislature or a designated committee of the Legislature before completing an acquisition or purchase, if requested by the Legislative Management Committee; and
(7) provide information, as requested, concerning regional commuter rail to the Transportation Interim Committee."