Download Zipped Enrolled WP 9 HB0187.ZIP 4,380 Bytes
[Introduced][Amended][Status][Bill Documents][Fiscal Note][Bills Directory]
H.B. 187 Enrolled
This act modifies the Public Safety Code by amending provisions relating to driver licenses
and identification cards. The act amends the prohibited uses of driver licenses and
identification cards that are treated as class C misdemeanors.
This act affects sections of Utah Code Annotated 1953 as follows:
53-3-229, as last amended by Chapter 216, Laws of Utah 1999
53-3-810, as renumbered and amended by Chapter 234, Laws of Utah 1993
Be it enacted by the Legislature of the state of Utah:
Section 1. Section 53-3-229 is amended to read:
53-3-229. Prohibited uses of license certificate -- Penalty.
(1) It is a class C misdemeanor for a person to:
not entitled to it;
certificate issued by the division;
renewal or duplicate of the license certificate, or to knowingly make a false statement, or to
knowingly conceal a material fact or otherwise commit a fraud in the application;
certificate issued to him; or
certificate as a valid driver license certificate.
(2) The provisions of Subsection (1)[
license certificate as a means of personal identification.
Section 2. Section 53-3-810 is amended to read:
53-3-810. Penalty -- Violations.
It is a class C misdemeanor to:
(1) lend or knowingly permit the use of an identification card issued to him, by a person not
entitled to it;
(2) display or to represent as his own an identification card not issued to him;
(3) refuse to surrender to the division or a peace officer upon demand any identification card
issued by the division;
(4) use a false name or give a false address in any application for an identification card or
any renewal or duplicate of the identification card, or to knowingly make a false statement, or to
knowingly conceal a material fact in the application;
(5) alter the date of birth on any identification card issued to him;
(6) display a revoked identification card as a valid identification card; or
(7) knowingly issue an adult identification card to any person younger than 21 years of age.
[Bill Documents][Bills Directory]