Download Zipped Enrolled WP 9 HB0251.ZIP 4,373 Bytes
[Introduced][Amended][Status][Bill Documents][Fiscal Note][Bills Directory]
H.B. 251 Enrolled
This act creates the Funding of State and County Health and Human Services Legislative
Task Force. The act designates membership and duties for the task force. The act
appropriates $24,500 from the General Fund for fiscal year 2002-03 to fund the task force
and repeals the task force on November 30, 2002.
This act enacts uncodified material.
Be it enacted by the Legislature of the state of Utah:
Section 1. Funding of State and County Health and Human Services Task Force --
Creation -- Membership -- Interim rules followed -- Compensation -- Staff.
(1) There is created the Funding of State and County Health and Human Services Task
Force consisting of the following ten members:
(a) three members of the Senate appointed by the president of the Senate, no more than
two of whom may be from the same political party;
(b) five members of the House of Representatives appointed by the speaker of the House
of Representatives, no more than three of whom may be from the same political party; and
(c) two members representing Utah counties, appointed by the Utah Association of
(2) (a) The president of the Senate shall designate a member of the Senate appointed under
Subsection (1)(a) as a cochair of the committee.
(b) The speaker of the House of Representatives shall designate a member of the House
of Representatives appointed under Subsection (1)(b) as a cochair of the committee.
(3) (a) A majority of the members of the task force constitutes a quorum.
(b) The action of a majority of the quorum constitutes an action of the task force.
(4) (a) Salaries and expenses of the legislative members of the committee shall be paid in
accordance with Section 36-2-2 and Legislative Joint Rule 15.03.
(b) Members of the task force who are not legislators receive no compensation for their work
associated with the task force.
(5) The Office of Legislative Research and General Counsel shall provide staff support to
Section 2. Duties -- Interim report.
(1) The committee shall review and make recommendations on the following issues:
(a) the role and responsibility of state government and local governments for funding and
operating health and human services programs within the state; and
(b) the allocation of funding for health and human services programs to local governments.
(2) A final report, including any proposed legislation shall be presented to the Health and
Human Services Interim Committee before November 30, 2002.
Section 3. Appropriation.
There is appropriated from the General Fund for fiscal year 2002-03, a one-time
(1) $3,500 to the Senate to pay for the compensation and expenses of senators on the
(2) $6,000 to the House of Representatives to pay for the compensation and expenses of
representatives on the committee; and
(3) $15,000 to the Office of Legislative Research and General Counsel to pay for staffing
Section 4. Repeal date.
This act is repealed November 30, 2002.
[Bill Documents][Bills Directory]