Download Zipped Enrolled WP 9 SB0136.ZIP 4,079 Bytes
[Introduced][Amended][Status][Bill Documents][Fiscal Note][Bills Directory]
S.B. 136 Enrolled
This act modifies the State Affairs in General title by designating the state vegetable and
historic state vegetable.
This act affects sections of Utah Code Annotated 1953 as follows:
63-13-5.5, as enacted by Chapter 15, Laws of Utah 2001
Be it enacted by the Legislature of the state of Utah:
Section 1. Section 63-13-5.5 is amended to read:
63-13-5.5. State symbols.
(1) Utah's state animal is the elk.
(2) Utah's state bird is the sea gull.
(3) Utah's state centennial astronomical symbol is the Beehive Cluster located in the
constellation of Cancer the Crab.
(4) Utah's state centennial star is Dubhe, one of the seven bright stars composing the Big
Dipper in the constellation Ursa Major.
(5) Utah's state centennial tartan, which honors the first Scots known to have been in Utah
and those Utahns of Scottish heritage, shall have a pattern or repeating-half-sett of white-2, blue-6,
red-6, blue-4, red-6, green-18, red-6, and white-4 to represent the tartan worn anciently by the
Logan and Skene clans, with the addition of a white stripe.
(6) Utah's state cooking pot is the dutch oven.
(7) Utah's state emblem is the beehive.
(8) Utah's state fish is the Bonneville cutthroat trout.
(9) Utah's state flower is the sego lily.
(10) Utah's state folk dance is the square dance, the folk dance that is called, cued, or
prompted to the dancers and includes squares, rounds, clogging, contra, line, and heritage dances.
(11) Utah's state fossil is the Allosaurus.
(12) Utah's state fruit is the cherry.
(13) Utah's state vegetable is the Spanish sweet onion.
(14) Utah's historic state vegetable is the sugar beet.
in Juab County, Utah.
[Bill Documents][Bills Directory]