Download Zipped Enrolled WP 9 HB0231.ZIP
[Introduced][Status][Bill Documents][Fiscal Note] [Bills Directory]
H.B. 231 Enrolled
This act modifies the Health Code. The act amends the period of time for which a health
care facility license is valid from 12 months to 24 months. The act makes conforming
amendments and technical amendments.
This act affects sections of Utah Code Annotated 1953 as follows:
26-21-8, as last amended by Chapter 209, Laws of Utah 1997
Be it enacted by the Legislature of the state of Utah:
Section 1. Section 26-21-8 is amended to read:
26-21-8. License required -- Not assignable or transferable -- Posting --
Expiration and renewal -- Time for compliance by operating facilities.
(1) (a) A person or governmental unit acting severally or jointly with any other person
or governmental unit, may not establish, conduct, or maintain a health care facility in this state
without receiving a license from the department as provided by this chapter and the rules of the
(b) This Subsection (1) does not apply to [
under Section 26-21-7 .
(2) A license issued under this chapter is not assignable or transferable.
(3) The current license shall at all times be posted in each health care facility in a place
readily visible and accessible to the public.
(4) (a) The department may issue a license for a period of time not to exceed 24
months from the date of issuance to health care facilities that meet the provisions of this
chapter and department rules adopted pursuant to this chapter.
revoked by the department.
requirements, unless the department finds the health care facility has not complied with the
provisions of this chapter or the rules adopted pursuant to this chapter.
(5) A license may be issued under this section only for the operation of a specific facility
at a specific site by a specific person.
(6) Any health care facility in operation at the time of adoption of any applicable rules as
provided under this chapter shall be given a reasonable time for compliance as determined by the
[Bill Documents][Bills Directory]