Download Zipped Enrolled WordPerfect SB0070.ZIP
[Introduced][Status][Bill Documents][Fiscal Note][Bills Directory]
S.B. 70 Enrolled
This bill amends the Health Care Facility Licensing and Inspection Act.
. authorizes the Department of Health to exempt certain end-of-life health care
facilities from the licensing and inspections of Title 26, Chapter 21, Health Care
Facility Licensing and Inspection Act, by administrative rule.
Monies Appropriated in this Bill:
Other Special Clauses:
Utah Code Sections Affected:
26-21-7, as last amended by Chapter 353, Laws of Utah 1995
Be it enacted by the Legislature of the state of Utah:
Section 1. Section 26-21-7 is amended to read:
26-21-7. Exempt facilities.
This chapter does not apply to:
(1) a dispensary or first aid facility maintained by any commercial or industrial plant,
educational institution, or convent;
(2) a health care facility owned or operated by an agency of the United States;
(3) the office of a physician or dentist whether it is an individual or group practice;
(4) a health care facility established or operated by any recognized church or
denomination for the practice of religious tenets administered by mental or spiritual means
without the use of drugs, whether gratuitously or for compensation, if it complies with statutes
and rules on environmental protection and life safety; [
(5) any health care facility owned or operated by the Department of Corrections, created
in Section 64-13-2 [
(6) a residential facility providing 24-hour care:
(a) that does not employ direct care staff;
(b) in which the residents of the facility contract with a licensed hospice agency to receive
end-of-life medical care; and
(c) that meets other requirements for an exemption as designated by administrative rule.
[Bill Documents][Bills Directory]