Link to Zipped WordPerfect Minutes 6K bytes
Rep. Fred R. Hunsaker, Vice Chair
Rep. Ralph Becker
Rep. Bradley M. Daw
Rep. Lorie D. Fowlke
Rep. Brent H. Goodfellow
Rep. Michael E. Noel
Rep. Aaron Tilton
Rep. David Ure
Rep. Larry B. Wiley
MEMBERS ABSENT: Rep. Ben C. Ferry
Rep. Richard Wheeler
STAFF PRESENT: Richard North, Policy Analyst
Linda Black, Committee Secretary
NOTE: A list of visitors and a copy of handouts are filed with the committee minutes.
Representative Hunsaker called the meeting to order at 8:12 a.m.
MOTION: Rep. Wiley moved to approve the minutes of February 14, 2005. The motion passed unanimously, with Rep. Becker, Rep. Tilton, Rep. Ure, and Rep. Allen absent for the vote.
S.B. 127 Tax, Fee, or Charge Amendments (Sen. L. Hillyard)
Sen. Hillyard explained the bill with the assistance of Bruce Johnson, Utah State Tax Commission.
Spoke in favor of the bill: Jim Olsen, President, Utah Food Industry Association
Ron Casper, National Federation Of Independent Businesses Roger Tew, Utah League of Cities and Towns
Mark Buchi, Attorney, Holmes, Roberts and Owen, LLP
MOTION: Rep. Ure moved to amend the bill as follows:
1. Page 41, Line 1266 :
1266 (b) sales of an item described in Subsection (12)(c) provided for a patient
The motion passed unanimously, with Rep. Becker, Rep. Tilton, and Rep. Allen absent for the vote.
MOTION: Rep. Daw moved to pass S.B. 127 out favorably as amended. The motion passed unanimously, with Rep. Tilton, and Rep. Allen absent for the vote.
H.B. 126 Amendments to Facilities with Regional Impact (Rep. G. Hughes)
At the request of Rep. Hughes, Rep. Becker explained the bill.
MOTION: Rep. Becker moved to amend the bill as follows:
1. Page 2, Line 29: After "means a" insert "specified local entity's"
2. Page 2, Lines 57-58: Delete lines 57 through 58
3. Page 3, Line 65: After "plan;" insert "and"
4. Page 3, Line 68: After "land" delete "; and"
5. Page 3, Lines 69-70: Delete lines 69 through 70
6. Page 3, Line 75: After "means a" insert "specified local entity's"
7. Page 4, Lines 103-104: Delete lines 103 through 104
8. Page 4, Line 111: After "plan;" insert "and"
9. Page 4, Line 114: After "land" delete "; and"
10. Page 4, Lines 115-116: Delete lines 115 through 116
The motion to amend H.B. 127 passed unanimously.
MOTION: Rep. Goodfellow moved to pass the bill out favorably as amended. The motion passed with Rep. Fowlke voting in opposition.
MOTION: Rep. Allen moved to adjourn. The motion passed unanimously. Rep. Hunsaker adjourned the meeting at 9:30 a.m.
Rep. Sheryl L. Allen, Chair