Virtual Public Comment for a Legislative Meeting
The form below has been created to facilitate virtual public comment in a legislative committee meeting. If you want to speak to one or more agenda items, please provide your name and contact information using the form below. Public comment is at each committee chair’s discretion and submitting this form does not guarantee that you will be called on to provide your comment. In addition, the committee chair may allow members of the public who have not submitted the form to provide spontaneous public comment.
To provide your comment, please join the committee’s meeting on the committee’s webpage. Here are Detailed instructions for joining the meeting.
For an electronic meeting, “speaking to an agenda item” involves using the internet to join the meeting virtually and speaking to the committee during the time designated by the chair for public comment.
Please be advised of the following:
- You must have internet access to provide comment during the electronic meeting.
- As with any legislative meeting, the chair will enforce decorum standards and violators may be expelled from the meeting.
- You are automatically muted when you enter the electronic meeting. If the chair calls on you to provide comment, you will be unmuted and may speak to the committee.
- The chair may request to see you when providing your comment. If your computer has a camera, please turn it on when the chair calls for public comment on the item you wish to speak to.
- Your public comment will be recorded and saved to the committee’s webpage. If the committee chair requests to see you, and you turn your camera on, be prepared that the committee and any member of the public will also be able to see you while you make your comment and the video may be archived on the webpage.
If you have any questions, please contact the Office of Legislative Research and General Counsel at 801-538-1032.